Liquibase is an organization that offers a product in the DevOps category for Databases with over 100 million downloads. Liquibase is based in Austin, Texas, with over 100 employees located in different parts of the world.
Liquibase is the name of the Java-based product used to control, standardize, and deploy changes to database schemas. It has different versions, including Open Source, Pro, and Enterprise. It supports over 50 different database management systems and is used by millions of users worldwide.
The project focused on providing support for the testing process of the tool. This involved performing manual tests on new functionalities and conducting acceptance tests for bug fixes from internal developers and the community.
In addition, automated test cases were carried out using a custom framework based on TestNG.
Regression tests were executed on new versions, and user reports from the Community or Open Source version were submitted to the Github repository, where support is provided to users and solutions to bugs and common issues are discussed.
Furthermore, the QAlified team participated in the design, analysis, and implementation of tests on internal projects.
Technologies and tools
- Amazon Web Services
- WSL2 Ubuntu
- DBMS: PostgreSQL, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, Snowflake, MariaDB, Apache Derby, CosmoDB, SQLite, H2, HanaDB, HSQL, Firebird, CassandraDB, AWS Redshift.
- Java, Spring-Boot, Hibernate, Gradle, Maven, Ant.
- Testing and QA activities were integrated into each bi-weekly release, providing new functionalities and fixes to the Open Source community.
- Over a period of approximately one year, the number of open incidents has been reduced from 53% to 38%, significantly improving the quality of the final product.
- A tool was developed to automate the process of creating accessible and independent environments for the entire organization, allowing the creation of test environments in a matter of minutes.